Happy Halloween everyone!
That's right, I applied to Gamestop. One reason is that I need a job really bad! I'm feeling jealously because everyone I know has a job and they could afford even the smallest things. I was like, "I NEED A JOB!". Gamestop....well...I'm a gamer, and I do love video games, why not? I'm over 16, so I am probably able to get the job done. I'm only doing this because of 1)Money and 2)Curiosity. I wonder how it feels like to work at a video game store, you give advice to avid gamers about what's good and what sucks. I always count on Gamespot for that, but sometime their reviews can get too biased. I'm working on the weekends since I need to be at school, and homework can be a pushover for me. Looks like my relax fridays aren't going to be relaxing anymore since I need to do some work. I told my teacher and she was concerned that this is "dangerous". She saying that as soon as I get money, I am going to spend on a video game rather than spend it on college tuition and everything. I ain't worried about that since I might get a lot of help from financial aid.
Life is going swell, my grades are near-perfect and I don't have any D's nor F's. Woo Hoo! This is going to be easy street for me, and I should have done this routine a long time ago. When I was a freshman, I was considered your "college-bound student". I was lost since I came from middle school, which was so excited. It felt like high school, and didn't felt like middle school at all. I couldn't understand ":teenage culture" since "shut-up" doesn't neccesarily mean to be quiet until the end of the day. I learned the hard way, as you can see. My grades were decaying like old women, and becomes a balance between good and bad. I was trying, and I managed to get by without a scratch. I'm been planning to go to Humboldt State University, and it's up north in Arcata, CA. It's way next to the Oregon state border. According to MapQuest (I like going there!), it takes about 10 hours and 30 mins to get from Inglewood to Arcata. It's extremely far, but I would manage if I took a plane there. Next choices would also be Cal State Long Beach, San Jose State University, and UCLA. I love UCLA, the setting, the enviorment. The oh-so happy people, feeling great about getting a degree and standing on top. Someday, I will feel like that.
I had to go to UCLA last saturday, but I couldn't manage to get there. I woke up late, and my mom was pissed that she had to drive all the way to SAMO, so that Xinachtli students could pick me up. I was a few minutes tardy, and I knew they left without me. It was really important since it's a workshop at UCLA about the UC Applications. These application are really hectic, especially the Personal Statement section of the application. You have to write an essay and these can get tricky. You have to be all careful of what you write and it could stir consideration of those application judges. I just hope I get those done on time.
I don't know what I should be for Halloween. I was considering El Chapulin Colorado, or a Umpa Lumpa from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. People like the Umpa Lumpa idea since it's funny that a tall person like me can dress up as one, and people can get a kick out of it. I've seen other one's as well, SRG had a somewhat custome of El Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead), were he had his face painted like the drawn skeletons of the painting. It was cool, he had the blanket with gray and black, and he had the straw sombrero as well. He also had an acoustic guitar, and he was singing Sublime and some Metallica. It was cool! I've seen someone dressed as a hippie, a 1980's drug-addicted rocker, A Big Daddy sheriff like the one's on the Village people, with a fake moustage and a pink ribbon tied to his neck (I was laughing!), A couple of nurses, a Hooters girl, a guy with a Taco Bell taco on this head and has a barrel over his body. I can go on and on. Let's not forget Fook Mi and Fook Yu! Anyway, I really looking forward this evening of screaming from monsters popping out of nowhere. Let's hope it turns out swell!


No comments:
Post a Comment